From origination, to execution, followed by marketing and distribution, and continuing with after-market support – we will provide you with an end-to-end and complete debt funding solution. Through our regional network which spans across ASEAN, we will help you tap the regional markets for your debt funding needs.
Our core strengths include:
- Market Leadership: proven track record with a consistent top-tier ranking in the major bond and loan league tables
- Regional Network: local knowledge and expertise across the ASEAN region, with a distribution network that provides a platform for effective marketing and distribution of our debt market products.
- Diverse Product Suite: full spectrum of debt products and services including bonds and sukuk, debt and project advisory, fixed income syndication, structured solutions, hybrid solutions, loan syndication, leverage finance and agency services.
- Financial Strength: the financial strength of Maybank Group, the largest financial services group in Malaysia, a top 20 Strongest Bank in the World by Bloomberg Markets and 4th in ASEAN in terms of total assets, is something we leverage to support our clients’ debt funding initiatives.
- “Islamic First” Philosophy: the strength of Maybank Islamic Berhad, the largest Islamic bank in Asia Pacific, is harnessed to deliver tailored Shariah-compliant debt financing solutions.
- Award-winning Franchise: recognition for our innovativeness and delivery of landmark transactions and industry “firsts”.
Our product suite encompasses a broad spectrum of debt instruments and financing structures in the bond, sukuk and loan market space. Our in-depth experience in the local and regional markets is instrumental to our successful structuring and execution of debt markets transactions for our clients. Our products and services include:
Bonds / Sukuk
We help in the origination, structuring and execution, and marketing and distribution of debt capital market instruments which include conventional bonds and sukuk in regional currencies:
- Commercial Papers;
- Bonds/Medium Term Notes;
- Sukuk; and
- Asset-backed securities
Debt and Project Advisory
Our debt and project advisory team will guide you in the securing of funds for projects to improve the bankability and marketability of the project and enhance returns:
- Providing relevant financial advice and technical support at the project inception stage;
- Assessing the risk and financial viability of the project; and
- Structuring appropriate financial products that match the project cash flow profile
For those seeking hybrid financing, our hybrid solutions, including the offering of quasi-equity products encompass the following:
- Perpetual bonds/sukuk;
- Convertible bonds/sukuk;
- Exchangeable bonds/sukuk; and
- Bonds/sukuk with warrants
Our dedicated fixed income syndication team drives the efficient pricing, distribution and the successful placement of bonds and sukuk through our close relationship with investors including corporate treasury, government agencies, financial institutions, insurance companies and asset managers.
Our leverage finance team provides cutting-edge, solutions-driven financing for clients seeking to finance corporate exercises including mergers and acquisitions, leverage buyouts, refinancing and restructuring. We also provide our clients with bridging financing and liquidity funding in the form of working capital facilities by capitalising on the financial strength of the Maybank Group.
Complementing the debt capital market products, we also provide the flexibility to raise funds through loan syndication. Our strength in arranging and executing loan syndication transactions lie in:
- Innovative financing structure: Expertise in structuring conventional or Islamic financing solutions to meet clients’ business and profiling needs.
- Extensive syndication network: Broad syndication network and strong relationships with various financial institutions in the region to ensure certainty of funding.
Capital-intensive projects, including infrastructure development, require innovative medium to long-term financing. Our understanding of local conditions and our vast network across the region allows us to provide non-recourse and limited-recourse financing solutions. From origination to distribution, our team takes risk assessment and mitigation into account in order to help clients achieve desirable gearing levels and strong, sustainable credit ratings. Our expertise has benefited companies from a range of sectors including the oil and gas, power, natural resources and transportation sectors, as we developed value-adding, bespoke solutions that increased the marketability of their projects.
Our agency services complement our fundraising activities and affirm our commitment to after-market support for our clients as we aim to be their trusted partner in agency services. We offer a holistic client servicing function by providing liaison services with regulators, trustees and investors on behalf of our clients.