We are a dedicated team supporting all equity and equity-linked transactions with a focus on origination, syndication, marketing and distribution. Helping companies execute primary market transactions such as Initial Public Offerings (IPOs), Rights Offerings, Placements and Offerings of Convertible Securities are some of the services we offer. In addition, we work with major shareholders to monetise part or all of their holdings via Block Trades or Placements.
Our core strengths include:
- Market Leadership: a proven track record with a consistent top-tier ranking in the Malaysia Equity and Rights Offering League Table and ASEAN Equity Offering League Table. Over the years, we have been a part of key landmark equity transactions spanning the region, and involving a broad range of industries and countries.
- Regional Network: local knowledge and expertise across the ASEAN region, with a global distribution network that provides a platform for effective marketing and distribution of our equity capital market products.
- Diverse Product Suite: a full spectrum of equity products including IPOs, Rights Offerings, Placements and Convertible Securities. Our products encompass a wide array of industries with coverage of over 15 sectors regionally, and we have a wealth of experience that we draw upon to execute successful equity transactions.
- Financial Strength: the financial strength of Maybank Group, the largest financial services group in Malaysia, a top 20 Strongest Bank in the World by Bloomberg Markets and 4th in ASEAN in terms of total assets, is something we leverage to support our clients’ equity funding initiatives.
- Award-winning Franchise: successfully completed numerous award-winning IPOs and placements of size, despite challenging market conditions. Awarded the Best Equity House (Malaysia) in 2013 & 2011 by IFR Asia and Best Equity House (Malaysia) in 2012 by Alpha Southeast Asia, acknowledging our significant achievements, capabilities and track record throughout the years. Further validated by repeat business from our clients.
We provide advice and assistance to public and private corporations, individuals and financial sponsors in equity fund raising activities. Fulfilling our client's funding requirements and ensuring that the best outcomes are achieved are part and parcel of what we do. This includes specific advice and recommendations with respect to equity market conditions, offer structures and timing, distribution and price discovery mechanisms, investment case/thesis, investor profiling and selection, as well as aftermarket support/strategies. We raise equity capital via:
- Also known as “going public”, an IPO is the first sale of shares by a company, inviting investors to subscribe to its shares.
- There are two methods of offering, Public Issue (offering of new shares) and Offer for Sale (offering of existing shares).
- The issuance of rights to a company's existing shareholders to buy a proportional number of additional shares at a given price (usually at a discount) within a fixed period.
- The sale of shares of an already listed company to pre-identified investors as a way of raising capital/funds.
- Two types of placements:
- Primary – Sale of new shares by the company
- Secondary – Sale of existing shares by a shareholder or the company (treasury shares).
- The issuance of convertible securities such as convertible bonds, exchangeable bonds and warrants to raise money.
- Companies that may be unable to tap the conventional sources of funding sometimes offer convertible securities as a way to raise money more quickly.